Wednesday 28 August 2013

How "J.Marie Photography" Began


Back in 2009 I asked for a digital camera for my birthday gift. My parents bought me one, and to say the least it was money well spent. My camera ended up coming with me everywhere. I began taking pictures of anything and everything, and I began falling in love with taking pictures. I carried my little Sony camera with me for a little over a year and a half when I decided I was going to buy myself a DSLR. 

Once I had my DSLR I was paying attention to the world and trying to find objects and scenes that would be a great picture. Once I became more familiar with my new DSLR I was transitioning from taking pictures to taking photographs, not only that but I actually had people BUYING my photos! I was super excited that people had bought something I had captured. It was then that I began thinking of photography as a career option.

In 2011, after doing two local and several school based art shows I knew I was in love with photography and it was my number one career choice. Fast forward to 2012 and I had begun doing grad and prom photos for friends, event photos for my hometown. My photos were being put in local newsletters, and my school yearbook, and even on the website for my community. I was overwhelmed that my photos were being recognized and that people thought I was good at doing what I love. 

It's now 2013, I've graduated from high school and I've been accepted to a digital arts school with a scholarship! I've photographed my first wedding (with a little help from my 2nd and 3rd shooters) I've had one of my photos used on the cover of a county wide newsletter, and my photo is being used on the cover for the next edition of the newsletter. I also have a Facebook fan-page with more 'likers' than I ever imagined I'd have. 

I'm forever grateful for everything and everyone who has helped me get to where I am today, both as a person and as a photographer. I hope to grow and further develop my skills and passion for my art for the rest of my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment